I’ve decided to participate in my first Topical Tuesday and the topic for the day is Life List. As stated on that page: “This weeks challenge is to write a Life List of ten things you would like to do before you die. Only ten mind – make them count.“ That’s a tall order. Ten things I want to do before I die? I want to do everything before I die. If you do them after you die then who would know?
Well, here’s my attempt. This is going to take some brain strain.
- Visit Europe. Anywhere in Europe is fine although I’m particularly interested in England, Ireland, Scotland, Iceland, Czech Republic, Austria and Turkey.
- Get a six figure income. Bonus points if it starts with a number higher than one.
- Live long enough to see my baby girl grow up to be a happy and successful woman and hopefully watch some grandbabies grow up.
- Make a positive and profound impact on the lives of other people. My dream job is to be a philanthropist.
- Go on a road trip from one coast of the United States to the opposite coast.
- Retire early enough that I might get to enjoy some time off before I die. By the time I’m 65, the retirement age will probably be 130.
- Have something published and sold – even if it’s not successful. A novel, comic or screenplay I suppose.
- Become passably fluent in a second language.
- Ride at least five of the fastest roller-coasters in the world. Preferably in at least two different countries.
- Own and operate a bar & grill or a pub of my own design.
Wow. That was a lot harder than I thought it would be with narrowing it down to only ten entries. So many things come to mind but with only ten spots its hard to pick the things that would actually mean something to me in a way that was more than just saying, “OK that’s done” and then checking it off a list and never thinking about it again.