Poop test results

I stopped by the doctor’s office on the way in to work today to check on those test results from my poop.  The results were overdue.  I chatted with the doc for a minute and he told me that all the tests were negative.  Huh.

Then he called me on my mobile just a bit ago and said he got additional test results since I was in there.  Odd that they break it into parts but whatever.  He told me that I have something called the Norwalk Virus.  And that there was no cure.  A bit of panic set in.

Luckily it’s not as bad as it sounds and the doc just needs to learn how to phrase things better in English.  There is no cure because it’s a virus and it just runs its course and dies off.  I did some research and found that it’s the second most common virus after the common cold in the United States and is better known as the stomach flu.  Well, that’s not nearly so bad sounding, is it?

Ah well, at least I know I’m not dying of some fancy tropical disease.  Hey look, a bright side!

7 Comments

• By Katie, March 25, 2008 @ 2:01 pm

Oh gosh I can only imagine the panic feeling from “there’s no cure”! Glad it’s not gonna kill ya though :)

• By Insomnic, March 25, 2008 @ 2:01 pm

Glad it is nothing serious. I’ll have to remember to phone in sometime to get out of work using ‘I have the Norwalk Virus’.

• By Nominimom, March 25, 2008 @ 8:59 pm

Damn, I was hoping to hear about intestinal worms or some other cool affliction.

Just kidding – Glad it’s nothing serious. Otherwise I’d start getting skeeved out thinking about HK Muse snuggling up next to worm boy.

• By jason, March 25, 2008 @ 11:43 pm

That’s the stomach flu that always shows up on cruise ships.

Just keep pooping it out. It’ll eventually go away.

• By yoshi, March 26, 2008 @ 1:49 am

Well, that’s good. No dengue fever for you. :D

• By Shannon River, March 26, 2008 @ 1:03 pm

LOL!!! I’m sorry, but since I know you are going to be okay, that’s pretty funny about the language barrier. No cure!!

Well, I am glad you are going to recover just fine. Glad it’s not an exotic tropical disease.

I got gastroenteritis from a Subway sandwich once. That was excruciating. I had to go the ER actually, I was so dehydrated and in pain.

• By cybrpunk, March 26, 2008 @ 1:11 pm

I think it’s also funny that I naturally went for the Gatorade to replenish my body and that article I linked says I should have drank fruit juice and water because sports drinks don’t cut it. But water will?

My poop has been solid for over a week. I should be good for a while I hope. Thanks for all the well-wishing!

Other Links to this Post

RSS feed for comments on this post.